6. A. Sure. What would you like?
B. Thank you all the same.
C. Sure. Friend rice and a cup of tea
7. A. My English teacher B. Interesting C. Science
8. A. I’m sorry to hear that B. How are you feeling now? C. You should see a doctor
9. A. Yes, I will B. Of course, I’d love to C. Yes, thanks
10. A. It’s terrible. I really love it
B. I’m afraid I’ve no idea.
C. It’s a wonderful place to live
11. What’s the machine used for?
A. Washing clothes B. Making noodles C. Cleaning the floor
12. How much was the machine?
A. 300 yuan B. 200 yuan C. 500 yuan
13. Where did the stay during their holiday?
A. In a hotel B. On the mountain C. In some farmers’ houses
14. How was the weather during their holiday?
A. Rainy B. Cloudy C. Sunny
15. When did they return?
A. Last night B. This morning C. Yesterday afternoon
16. Ted’s hobby is _________.
A. keeping a pet B. playing balls C. listening to music
17. Ted got this pet dog when he was _________.
A. 11 B. 12 C. 13
18. Ted got this pet dog from ____________.
A. his father B. his brother C. his mother
19. Lots of kids like to ________ Ted’s pet.
A. play balls with B. play chess with C. run after
20. Ted’s pet likes playing___________ with him.
A. ping pong balls B. basketball C. football
A school trip after the exam
Where to go
The West Park
About 21 kilometers away from the school
What to do
Walk around the lake and look at trees and beautiful 22
Climb the mountains and go 23
For 24 hours in the park
What to bring
A 25 and a pair of sports shoes
26. Tim is ________ eleven-year-old boy. He likes playing ________ basketball.
A. /; a B. an;/ C. an; the D. a; an
27. This is ___ family photo, I took it on her mother’s ______ birthday.
A. Mary; forty B. Mary’s; fortieth C. Mary; fortieth D. Mary’s; forties
28. _____ the ______ of the car?
A. How; money B. What’s price C. How much; money D. What’s; price
29. Money is important, but it can’t buy ________, especially happiness and health.
A. anything B. something C. everything D. nothing
30. In China, there are more _____ in primary schools than in high schools.
A. woman teacher B. women teachers
C. women teacher D. woman teachers
31. I can’t stand _______ in public.
A. smoking B. to smoke C. smoke D. smokes
32. Mum wants to watch the CCTV news. Let’s _______ the TV.
A. turn down B. turn on C. turn off D. turn in
33. The old couple were _______ because they had a _______ trip in Australia.
A. pleased; pleasure B. pleased; pleasant
C. pleasant; pleased D. please; pleased
34. Students ______ to the library after school.
A. allow to go B. are allowed going
C. will allow go D. are allowed to go
35. In our school, most of us like playing football instead of basketball. So basketball is ____than football.
A. more popular B. most popular C. less popular D. least popular
36. Where are going for your summer holidays? I __________go to Dalian. I haven’t decided.
A. may B. need C. must D. mustn’t
37. --–Do you know the man ____ is talking with our Chinese teacher?
----Yes. He is my uncle, Mr. King.
A. which B. who C. whom D. whose
38. ----_______ people do housework ______twenty years?
----No, I don’t think so.
A. Do; in B. Are; after C. Will; for D. Will; in
39. My mother _____ dinner when I got home yesterday.
A. has cooked B. was cooking C. will cook D. cooks
40. -----Excuse me, can I ask you some questions?
A. Sure, go ahead B. Congratulations!
C. That’s right D. It doesn’t matter
Bike-sharing is a new choice for short journeys in cities. It is good to the 41 development of the big cities.
A __42___ by a company found that shared bikes started the nation’s 43 for bikes again. Now more and more Chinese people are 44 bikes instead of cars to make short journeys in cities.
An engineer of that company says that since the start of shared bikes, people 45 fewer trips by car. The love for shared bikes is not only among 46 people, who were born in the 1980 s and 1990s, but also among people over sixty.
At weekends, the number of the riders in Shenzhen reaches the 47 of all cities. On weekdays, the number of people who use shared bikes to travel to word is 48 in Shanghai.
It is said that bike-sharing will help 49 the cities’ environment. It not only helps solve the traffic problems, but also will help to make more use of 50 in cities. Take Beijing as an example if more people choose shared bikes, an area of five Bird’s Nest stadiums will be saved.
41. A. harmful B. sudden C. slow D. healthy
42. A. report B. suggestion C. rule D. plan
43. A. preparation B. love C. search D. worry
44. A. repairing B. locking C. choosing D. pushing
45. A. will made B. have made C. are making D. are made
46. A. strong B. young C. old D. weak
47. A. corner B. line C. top D. side
48. A. going up B. giving away C. coming over D. putting off
49. A. experience B. improve C. discover D. separate
50. A. space B. money C. air D. time
★Born in 1890 in Canada
★Died in 1939 in China
★Came to China in 1938
★Born in Montreal, Canada
★A singing star
★In 1997, sang My Heart Will Go on for the film Titanic
★Born in 1930 in the USA
★A Chinese medical scientist
★Won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
★Born in 1955 in the USA
★Owns Microsoft Company
★Wrote Business @the Speed of Thought
★Born in 1899 in the USA
★Died in 1961
★Wrote The Old Man and the Sea
51. __________ is from Canada.
A. Celine Dion B. Bill Gates C. Hemingway D. Tu Youyou
52. The ______ was born in 1899.
A. scientist B. writer C. singer D. doctor
53. My Heart Will Go on is the name of a __________.
A. story B. book C. song D. film
54. Dr. Bethune worked in China for about ______ years.
A. 5 B. 4 C. 3 D. 2
55. Which of the following is TRUE?______________
A. Bill Gates was born in 1955
B. Celine Dion is a scientist
C. Hemingway wrote Business @the Speed o Thought
D. Norman Bethune died at the age of fifty-nine
Nowadays, with the development of the Internet, emoji(表情符号)are more and more popular among netizens(网民). Some people even feel difficult to talk online without using emoji. Emoji help netizens to communicate with each other easily and vividly(生动地). Yet, not all emoji are properly used on social media. So we are going to introduce some common but confusing(令人困惑的)emoji to help you have a better understanding of these small signs.
1. A recent survey shows, over 53% people use the emoji when they are chatting online. Some people think it means “I’m shy,” but others only use it when they are surprised or shocked. But what does it really mean? It is still an unsolved question.
2. What do you think of this sign? Believe it or not, 80% of netizens use it under the meaning of “It is not funny at all, but I have to smile.” Is it right? Of course not! It actually means that “I saw what you did(usually bad things) and I want to give you a sinister(奸诈的)smile.”
3. People have very different opinions on this emoji. The Apple company has told that this emoji means “high five(嗨，击掌).” But most people still use the incorrect meaning—“pray”. Some netizens even thought, “If you see this emoji as two people give each other a high five, you must be a bad guy.”
4. According to the official guidelines(官方指南), it is used as “smile through tears(破涕为笑).” However, most young netizens consider this emoji as “Laugh to tears” or simply “LOL”, which means “Laugh out loud”.
You see, emoji are also a kind of language. And different people have different understanding of them.
56. After reading the passage, we still can’t understand the emoji ______ well.
A. B. C. D.
57. You are playing with your mobile phone while you are doing your homework, your brother sends you this sign , what does he mean?/
A. Send this emoji back to your father
B. Stop doing your homework
C. Put away your mobile phone and do your homework
D. Go on playing with your mobile phone
58. When your friend tells you online that he won the first prize in the writing competition, which emoji will you send him?
A. B. C. D.
59. The fourth sign means “________”.
A. laugh out loud B. cry out loud C. laugh to tears D. smile through tears
60. Why does the writer introduce these four emoji?
A. To help netizens use them properly B. To help netizens use them easily
C. Because they are more important D. Because they are not so common
A lot of people drink bottled water in the world. A water bottle offers great convenience. It can be bought almost anywhere, carried around for a while, and then thrown away.
The influence of bottled water on the environment, however, is very big. About 2.7 million tons of plastic is turned into bottles which are only used once each year. This requires a lot of oil and water. It also produces greenhouse gases. Bottled water is often carried for long distances to reach people who buy it. This uses even more fossil fuels(化石燃料) and creates more pollution. Although the bottles can be recycled, only small parts of them are. The United States only recycles about 23 percent. The rest are part of a growing waste problem.
Convenience isn't the only reason for bottled water to become popular. Many people believe that it must be cleaner and healthier than tap water from public water systems. But this is not true. In developed countries such as the United States and some countries in Europe, laws about safe water are often stricter for tap water than for bottled water.
It may come as a surprise that nearly 40 percent of the water bottled in the United States starts from tap water. Before bottling, some companies filter(过滤)it, and they might add some things for taste. What's more, bottled water can cost from 240 to 10, 000 times more than tap water.
“Back to the tap" activities start around the world, In order to save money, use fewer resources, and create less waste, they support using tap water and reusable bottles rather than bottled water. San Francisco and other cities across the United States no longer allow their government departments to buy Many bottled water companies are trying to improve, too. They have reduced the use of plastic in their bottles.
61. What's the second paragraph mainly about?
A. The difficulty of transporting the bottles B. The advantages of bottled water
C. The ways to produce bottled water D. The problem caused by bottled water
62. Why is bottled water popular?
A. Because people think it is the water from nature
B. Because people think it is convenient and safe
C. Because people think it is cheaper than tap water
D. Because people think it can prevent illnesses
63. The underlined word "them" in paragraph 2 means “________”.
A. fossil fuels B. the bottles C. water systems D. greenhouse gases
64. Which of the following is one of the "Back to the tap" activities?
A. Forbid producing the bottled water
B. Support using tap water and reusable bottles
C. Use many resources and create much waste
D. Use many resources and create little waste
65. What's the best title for the passage?
A.“ Back to the tap" activities B. Bottled water or tap water?
C. Let's drink healthy water. D. The water in the USA
Recently we did a survey of students' dream jobs in our class. Here's the report about my group members’ ideas.
Mary: I want to be a teacher when I grow up. I think I am very patient and I enjoy working with children. Now, I am interested in all the subjects and work very hard to learn them well. I can get along well with the teachers and make friends with students easily at school. I am sure the kids will like me.
Kate: I am slim and good at dancing and I would like to be a ballet dancer in the future. I spend most of my spare time on ballet training every day. After high school, I will learn dancing lessons in a college.
Mike: I would like to be a writer when I grow up. I like to share my wonderful stones with others. Now I keep reading and writing every day. I also send some of my stories to the magazines.
Lucy: I want to be a singer because I like singing very much. I practise singing every day.
People have their own dreams and work hard for them, because they all know it is not easy to realize them in the future.
A survey of students’ dream jobs
Hobbies or special skills
How to realize them
Enjoys working with 66_______
Works very hard to learn all the subjects well
Is good at dancing
A 67____ dancer
Spends her spare time on ballet training. Will learn dancing lessons after 68_______ high school.
Likes sharing his 69_____ stories with others
Keeps reading and writing every day
Practises singing every day
What do you usually have ______________ ____________?
-----Would you ____________ _________ me your bike?
-----Of course not.
The new car _________ __________ my moth